8055 Barbara Avenue
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
Become a Member today!
Call our Guest Services Front Desk with any questions at 651-450-2480.
Updated June 15
We look forward to welcoming you back in July!
Important Safety Guidelines
To assist in ensuring a safe environment is maintained in all of our pools, we have updated our safety policy in the Aquatic Center for 2020. We will be implementing a new three-color wristband procedure beginning July 6, 2020. Wristbands identify swimmers capability, age, and supervision requirements.
- View the complete Policy: This policy addresses age and swimming ability to ensure all children are adequately supervised and accompanied. We appreciate your cooperation and support.
The safety guidelines are in effect during reopening Phase 1 (Begins July 6, 2020)
Based on current capacity and social distancing guidelines:
- Lap Swim: Open for Lap Swimming and Swim Lessons ONLY. Lap swimmers will be one swimmer to a lane
- Water Park will remain CLOSED
- The hot tub and sauna will remain CLOSED
- The Childcare Center will remain CLOSED
Locker rooms and showers will be available with limited locker use to promote social distancing; however, air dryers, swimsuit spin dryers and water fountains will be turned off.
We reserve the right to change this policy based on customer response and new guidelines.
Indoor Water Park, Lap Pool & Dive Well
The Grove’s Aquatic Center offers an Indoor Water Park, an Indoor 8-lane Lap Pool and an Indoor Dive Well with three diving boards.
We have everything to fit your needs for yourself or your family! Make sure to check-out the side bar for Water Park and Pool hours, rates, classes and special events.
Hours and Rates
View the Pool Hours & Rates page, as each has special hours that differ from the Community Center Building Hours.
Revised Summer Brochure - includes Swimming Lessons
We’ve relaunched a revised Summer Brochure for July and August and it provides highlights of the new ways to enjoy our some of our facilities and programming, including swimming lessons.
Register now to save your spot: https://invergroveheights.maxgalaxy.net/Home.aspx.
Our staff is looking forward to putting some FUN back into our community’s daily routine. Although some things have changed due to Minnesota’s safety guidelines around COVID-19, we think you will find programs and activities to be excited about!
Indoor Water Park
The Indoor Water Park, renovated in 2017, features a zero-depth entry pool, a large play structure with splash features, two small water slides, spray toys, a hydro helix, water table, floating logs to climb on and two large water slides. Check out this fun video on the recent renovations to the water park.
Lap Pool and Dive Well
The lap pool is an 8-lane, 25-yard pool. The lap pool is used for adult lap swim (ages 16 and older), family open swim and swimming lessons. The dive well features two 1m diving boards and a 3m diving board. Diving boards are only available during Lap Pool open swim times.
Both the Lap Pool and Dive Well were renovated in early 2019
Work in our pools!
Looking for a fun job with flexible hours, competitive pay and great benefits?
Look no further! Join our Aquatics team as a lifeguard, shift lead or swim instructor.
Learn more and apply online: www.invergroveheights.org/jobs.
Age, Supervision Requirements and Wristband Color
Children 11 years of age and younger will be given an identifying wristband upon entry to the aquatics facility.
- 5 YEARS AND UNDER • Touch supervision always required • RED: Children 5 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their direct supervision and must be within arm’s reach at all times.
- 6–11 YEARS • Always accompanied in water in the lap pool/dive well or pass facility swim test • YELLOW or GREEN*: Children 6 to 11 years of age must pass a swim test to be in water without an adult (adult must remain in pool area).
- Children 6 to 11 years of age who cannot pass the facility swim test must remain in the shallow end or waterpark and be accompanied by an adult who is responsible for their direct supervision.
*Green wristbands are required to swim in the deep end lap pool/dive well. A child must pass the swim test to get a green wristband. This replaces the yellow wristband and the child does not need to be accompanied in the water.
- 12 YEARS AND OLDER • No supervision required • NONE or GREEN*: Children 12 years of age and older may be unaccompanied. A facility swim test to enter deep water may be required at lifeguard discretion.
Tips for a Successful Visit
The following is a list of tips for open swim (water park, lap pool and dive well).
- Yellow wristband swimmers 42 inches or taller may use the water slides.
- Sauna use is for those ages 16 and older and all users of the sauna must remain clothed.
- Whirlpool use is for ages 16 and older.
- Children 11 years and younger may swim in our aquatics facility with an adult.
- US Coast Guard approved floatation devices are allowed in pool area.
- All users of life jackets must be within an arm’s reach of an adult.
- Family locker room is available for those with young children.
- 18 or older are welcome to swim in lap pool at anytime.
- New swim test/wristband procedures beginning April 1.
Aquatics at Home
Practice techniques at home in the bath tub with your little ones. And learn about choosing a life jacket for your infant or child.
*Please note: The video content is the property of the City of Inver Grove Heights. The City of Inver Grove Heights and its staff do not acknowledge any risk or responsibility for the health and safety or property of those choosing to view and execute the content in this video.
May is Water Safety Month
In the spirit of Water Safety Month, we are bringing you another edition of Aquatics at Home. Our very own Grove Aquatics Coordinator, Maddy, will show you how to be safe in and around water with life jackets. Learn how to pick the right life jacket for your infant or child.
Aquatics at Home: Choosing a Life Jacket
With Grove Aquatics Coordinator, Maddy
Swim Lessons at home
Swim Lessons: Infants (6 months-18 months old)
Swim Lessons: Preschoolers
Aquatics Open House | POSTPONED
This event has been postponed. Read more on the latest COVID-19 Update.
Details on new program date and time will be posted on Facebook and the City’s website and emailed to registered participants at a later time. Thank you for your patience and understanding.